China will compete in the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2023 against England and Denmark.
FIFA Women’s World Cup, According to the draw results on Saturday, China will play in Group D of the FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023, with England, Denmark, and the winner of a qualifying playoff.
For the first time in history, the FIFA Women’s World Cup will include 32 teams between July 20 and August 20, 2023. So far, 29 teams have qualified for the event. The remaining three places will be awarded to the champions of the three competition groups listed below:
Cameroon will play Thailand in Group A on February 18, 2023, and the winner will face Portugal on November 22, 2023, for a spot. Senegal will play Haiti in Group B on February 18, 2023, and the winner will face Chile on November 22, 2023, for a spot.
On February 19, 2023, Chinese Taipei will face Paraguay, while Papua New Guinea will face Panama in Group C. The two victorious teams will face off for a spot on November 23, 2023. The playoff winners from Groups A, B, and C will compete in World Cup Groups E, D, and F, respectively, next year at the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
China got to the knockout round in the tournament’s most recent edition in France in 2019, finishing third in Group B behind Germany and Spain at the FIFA Women’s World Cup. Then, in the Round of 16 match, China was defeated 2-0 by Italy.
China’s best finish in the Women’s World Cup was runner-up in 1999 in the United States. In the final, they were defeated by the United States in a shootout at FIFA Women’s World Cup Online Betting.
The verified draw results for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup are as follows:
- Group A consists of New Zealand, Norway, the Philippines, and Switzerland.
- Group B consists of Australia, Ireland, Nigeria, and Canada.
- Group C consists of Spain, Costa Rica, Zambia, and Japan.
- Group D consists of England, Denmark, and China, with the winner of the Group B playoff qualifying.
- Group E consists of the United States, Vietnam, and the Netherlands, with the winner of the Group A playoff qualifying.
- Group F consists of France, Jamaica, and Brazil, with the winner of the Group C playoff qualifying.
- Sweden, South Africa, Italy, and Argentina comprise Group G.
- Germany, Morocco, Colombia, and South Korea comprise Group H.